Jen at Tripping Through Treacle has inspired me to rewrite my bucket list. Instead of focusing on loss, I can rethink my aspirations. I love it! This is a perfect activity for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis awareness month.
Actually, I feel like I’ve just had a bucket list year. Thanks to my husband’s determination and constant willingness to overcome any challenge, this year I have been able to:
- travel across the continent and experience new places
- reunite with an old friend and meet new ones
- start painting
- learn photography
- have my work published (no money yet – that will be on the new list)
- envision new possibilities.
In a few months, I turn 60. Given that my health is a constant concern, I cannot hope to travel to exotic places, or participate in extreme sports, or even grace the boards as I might have wished for in former years, however; I still have dreams.
I aspire to:
- publish a book of poetry
- finish the book I am writing
- take the grandchildren on one of our journeys
- spend more time in nature
- write a children’s book for each of my grandchildren
- earn an income from my creative work
- walk everyday
- spend the winters in Arizona
- make a difference
Life changes, it’s inevitable. We can hold onto our dreams – at a cost – or reshape them.
I am choosing to believe that happiness is always an option.